- This event has passed.
Cacao / Breathwork Ceremony
September 18 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Cacao/Breathwork Ceremony, Saturday September 18th:
AwakeningBreath has the honor to have Virginia Wittebort (AwakeningBreath-Austin) bringing her very talented gift of Cacao Ceremony. We are going to enjoy her traditional and respectful way of serving Cacao. Also, I will be receiving the precious gift of this Ceremony from her. In that way our community will have more opportunities of keeping working with this beautiful medicine.
***For the best possible experience, we recommend eating healthy/nourishing food and drinking plenty of water the day before and the day of the event. ***
During this beautiful experience, we welcome you to sing to, meditate with, pray to, and/or simply be in communion with the spirit of this generous, loving plant.
Breathwork supports the opening of our hearts, granting access to places within that we normally resist as well as our inner shining light. Pairing this work with the medicine of cacao can be a very powerful and revealing experience. Doing this practice in a sacred space and guided by spirit opens the door to a multidimensional experience.
Exchange: Sliding Scale of $60 to $90.
*We also have 2 spots of work-exchange for $40*
Tasks for the work exchange:
- Come 30 min earlier to help set up
- Keep space organized and neat as the work is happening
- Assist the serving as needed.
- Help break down of space.
What to bring in preparation for the ceremony:
- We invite you to practice reciprocity in your relationship with the Spirit of Cacao, by bringing offerings of flowers of any color, corn, *organic* tobacco, songs about the cacao or elements that sustain it, small crystals, or any other symbolic offerings that your heart guides you to bring (please be aware that these offerings will be left at the land and/or will be offered to the fire during or after the ceremony).
- Please bring your favorite mug to drink the chocolate that will be offered as part of the Ceremony.
- A tealight candle.
- Jaguar: feel free to bring a jaguar figurine (If you happen to own one or would like to get one for the ceremony); it could be made of crystal, wood, stone, or any other natural material, to be placed at the altar during the Ceremony, and you will be taking it back home with you.
- A yoga or floor mat and light blanket.
- Personal water bottle (filled); please bring one that is easy to drink from, to avoid getting distracted when/if you need to hydrate during breathwork.
- Please bring your journal.
What to wear:
Please wear comfortable clothing.
Self-identified females are encouraged to wear a long skirt.